Saturday, June 25, 2011

Five Dollar Finds


The Goodwill has been my good friend in the last couple of months. I’ve been finding some great finds such as these Chico’s pants aka another pair of printed “pajama pants” for the outrageous price of $3.99!  

Let me tell you how I got lucky with this price.  As I was checking out, I mentioned to the cashier how much I loved these pajama pants and as she typed into the cash register she yelled, “One pair of  pajama pants $3.99.” I smiled inside because I knew I got a deal!  The cashier had no clue these were not real pajama pants and I guess she didn’t see the March issue of Elle magazine‘s editorial on printed pajama pants.


The magazine showcased pajama pants from such designers as John Galliano, Tucker, BeBe and United Bamboo…all well priced over $100.


Well kudos for me because I got the look for less…..It pays to use fashion jargon!

What I Wore
Top- Target
Vest- JCP
Pants- Chico’s Thrift
Sandals and Clutch- Nine West
Bangles- International Festival
Watch- Vintage Thrift
Ring- Beauty Supply Store

Check out some of the pajama pants featured in Elle magazine. 


Images Elle.com



 

24 comments:

  1. I really like these printed pajama pants on you! You pair them so well with tops, shoes & accessories! What I really like is that red clutch...too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a colour clashing and happy look, wowwwwwwww.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool I like the first and second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good find!! I like the entire outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some of the most fabulous pajama pants that I have ever seen!! Love the print and how you paired them with the cute denim vest! You my friend are the "Goodwill Goddess"!! lol Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pants are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pants...I have got to get into thrifting more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not too keen on the pajama pants craze. I did it a couple years back during college. Not many were keen of the look when I was sporting it but what a difference a few years makes. Now I'm the one not impressed. But to each his own. I like your take on it, though! It's adorable and fun! Not slouchy, sloppy and oversized. My favorite part of the ensemble? The sandals and clutch. Keep up the extraordinary work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you Katie! You making those pajama bottoms look fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your sweet comment:-) I love your vest and your bangles. You make those pajama pants really look stylish...

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in loooove with those pants and that vest is a great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love a good deal & these pants are great!! they look VERY comfy.

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pattern of the pants and that super cute clutch.

    http://Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol @ sorta tricking the clerk. that's really fun. i love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. U always find the BEST deals and I just noticed we have the same handbag just in a different color! SUPA KOOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. extra cute pantts love your sandals too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey lady! Just wanted you to know that you received an award at my blog! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your pants the pattern is so 90's! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those pajama pants are so neat!!!!! I hope one day I can find a pair...You definitly found a good steal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ORIGINALLLLL pants!

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore your pants! It gave your outfit this fun kick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did see these in a MAG. but i said are these pj's pants that you can wear in public?
    But now I see~

    i like ur hair!

    ~IG2S

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pants!! OMG such a great find! And I love the way you styled it! Isnt Goodwill the best!

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate the support!